Every feature in Nextjournal
Nextjournal was designed from the ground up to make Data Science seamless for you and your team. Here is a list of everything that Nextjournal can do right now. Check out our changelog for most recent updates.
Anything missing? Let's talk.
Rich Content Editing
- Start out in no time with helpful templates (for languages, plotting, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Full rich-text editing capabilities (including inline LaTeX, bullet lists, numbered lists and todo lists)
- Structured section editing (with automatic section numbering)
- Embed images, videos, tweets and LaTeX formulas
- Invite people to help edit your notebooks
- Create (public and private) groups and publish under a single group profile
- Private notebooks
- Easily store, use and share secrets in your group
- Real-time collaborative editing between you and your collaborators
- Use multiple programming languages in the same notebook
- Upload your data or access Amazon S3 buckets or Google Cloud
- Code auto-completion and language-specific documentation
- "Ask for help" button: Got stuck on an error? We'll help you out.
Full control over your runtime environment
- Easily install additional packages and libraries
- Runtime environments can be customized down to their base linux distribution
- Full control over environment variables: set, override or use secrets in them
- Export your environments so others can use it in their notebooks
- Exported environments are available as Docker images
- Every change is saved automatically. This includes all data and the full runtime environment.
- Any previous change can be restored at any time. This includes the full runtime environment.
Remix, share and publish
- Create your own copy of any published article with a single click and freely experiment with other people's work. This includes all dependencies, data and results.
- Generate, share (and revoke) secret links to your working drafts
- Publish versions under your Nextjournal profile on a permanent URL
- Nextjournal runs on a fully managed cloud computing infrastructure — no setup or maintenance required
- Compute resources can be fully customized (machine types, number of instances, etc.)
- Full GPU support
- Need on-premise? Get in touch
- Import existing Jupyter/iPython, RMarkdown or Markdown notebooks
- Export any Nextjournal notebook to Markdown (these can also be re-imported)
Get started now!
Sign up now and get started with a free Open Science plan on Nextjournal. We also offer paid plans that provide additional features around privacy and advanced computing. See our pricing page for all available plans.